Wallingford Local Producers Market (WLPM) is held every Saturday morning from 10am to 12:30pm.
WLPM is a non-profit social enterprise run entirely by volunteers. The Cheese Matters stall and every other week the Veg stall are managed by volunteers, and all profits from the stall help to pay our running costs. WLPM has no other permanent sources of funding.
The WLPM Management Committee oversees the weekly administration of running the markets. We are recruiting a Market Coordinator who is paid an honorarium. Contact email@example.com for information about this role.
Every Saturday a team of volunteers set up the Market and tidy up afterwards. Many of this wonderful team have close links with 2nd Wallingford Scout Group. We are very grateful for the support we receive – we couldn’t run the market without them!
Wallingford Local Producers Market principles
- To make available produce grown or produced within a 30 mile radius of Wallingford, sourcing ingredients, wherever possible from within that area.
- To promote the benefits of locally-produced food and other products thereby supporting a vibrant and dynamic local economy.
- To work with other organisations to help and support the local economy and other key aspects of the area.
Wallingford Local Producers Market was set up in September 2007 by Sustainable Wallingford community group with local food producers and growers. The aim is to provide everyone with access to the best available produce and crafts from around the local area.
Since 2007 the market has grown with more food and craft stalls. Several new businesses started with a stall at WLPM and are now successfully trading locally. This shows the value of the market to the local community.
Friends and Neighbours
- 2nd Wallingford Scout Group
- St Mary-le-More Church, Wallingford
- Wallingford Town Council
- Sustainable Wallingford
- Good Food Oxford
- East Oxford Farmers’ & Community Market
- South Oxford Farmers & Community Market
- Summertown Farmers Market
- Headington Market
- Sandy Lane Farm
- Deddington Farmers’ Market
- Thames Valley Farmers’ Market Cooperative